- We’re dangerously close to 60.
- I was never with the “in” crowd and the “in” crowd still exists.
- Conversation: “We haven’t talked yet.” No reply. “I’m Diane Staudt.” “I know.” End of conversation.
- It took me three “I’ll help plan the next reunion”s before I was recognized.
- I saw the people I wanted to see.
- It was an open bar.
- Who gives a rat’s ass.
- I missed out on having my picture taken a million times as illustrated below.
I wear bifocal eyeglasses and have sun-sensitive eyes. Sunglasses are a must. When you wear glasses you have several options for sun protection:
- The baseball cap. It messes with my hair.
- Prescription sunglasses. They mess with my budget.
- Clip-on flip-ups. If you get a pair with rubber-coated clips, they don’t scratch your lenses but do leave smudge marks.
- Sunglasses that fit over your eyeglasses.
Introduced to me by childhood peep and frequent commenter, DJ Carney, there are several brands. Google, “sunglasses that fit over eyeglasses.” D’oh. I got the appropriately named, Fitover brand. Deals can be found on various websites.
Love them! They…
- have just the right degree of protection
- are polarized to reduce glare
- have side lenses for your peripheral vision
- are less expensive than prescription glasses
- make me look cool
Tell ’em, “Diane sent me.”
Let’s face it. teeth discolor. Coffee. Wine. Aging. It happens.
I found a trio of Crest whitening products that beat all. They’re all available on Amazon Prime, which is a blog in and of itself.
- Whitening Strips. I use these two to three times a year. They get rid of deep stains without damaging the enamel.
- Two-step Toothpaste System. I use this every time I brush. They keep the stains off.
- Mouthwash. I use this when I remember.
You, too, can have a brilliant Hollywood smile!
And, remember to floss. But, only the teeth you want to keep.
Amuse Bouche – Fried Green Tomato
Google tells me this is a small complimentary appetizer in addition to the meal, sort of like a pre-appetizer appetizer. I’m in!
I don’t know food but I know what I like. And I liked this.
Second Course – Kilt Greens with bacon Dressing.
You had me at
greens bacon. A warmish salad with a light bacon drippings dressing. Topped with cherry tomatoes, bacon and Parmesan. Another winner.
You alert readers have noticed a theme. Everything was spectacular!
- Chicken: Brined in a mixture of kosher dill pickle juice and seasonings. Dipped in buttermilk then dredged through flour and fried in lard. It doesn’t get any better than this!
- Black-Eyes Peas: Prepared southern-style with smoke ham hocks.
- Summer Succotash: Lima beans, okra, corn, grape tomatoes, smoked ham, heavy cream, et al.
- Macaroni and Cheese: Not your school-lunch macaroni and cheese. It was so creamy. Creamy and dreamy!
Refreshing adult beverages were served as well.
If you get a chance to participate in one of George’s dinners, run, don’t walk.
Thank me later.