January 20, 2015
Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together. – Elizabeth Taylor
The most beautiful makeup for a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy. – Yves Saint Laurent
Makeup can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn’t help if you’re ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the makeup. – Audrey Hepburn
January 16, 2015
You can’t go wrong with five Dorothy Parker gems.
- “What fresh hell is this?” (Said when her phone would ring.)
- “You can lead a horticulture, but you can’t make her think.”
- “If you wear a short enough skirt, the party will come to you.”
- “There’s a hell of a distance between wise-cracking and wit. Wit has truth in it; wise-cracking is simply calisthenics with words.”
- “If all the girls attending [the Yale prom] were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be at all surprised.”
A new book, Dorothy Parker Drank Here, to be released February 24th. It promises to be a good read. And look for my name in the acknowledgements. True story.
January 14, 2015
It’s back! The mildly-popular Where in the World Wednesday where I post a picture of myself, alone or with a friend(s) and you try to guess where I am. Let’s play!