I wear bifocal eyeglasses and have sun-sensitive eyes. Sunglasses are a must. When you wear glasses you have several options for sun protection:
- The baseball cap. It messes with my hair.
- Prescription sunglasses. They mess with my budget.
- Clip-on flip-ups. If you get a pair with rubber-coated clips, they don’t scratch your lenses but do leave smudge marks.
- Sunglasses that fit over your eyeglasses.
Introduced to me by childhood peep and frequent commenter, DJ Carney, there are several brands. Google, “sunglasses that fit over eyeglasses.” D’oh. I got the appropriately named, Fitover brand. Deals can be found on various websites.
Love them! They…
- have just the right degree of protection
- are polarized to reduce glare
- have side lenses for your peripheral vision
- are less expensive than prescription glasses
- make me look cool
Tell ’em, “Diane sent me.”