- “Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance.” – Sam who-the-hell-is Brown
- “You don’t find the donkey show. The donkey show finds you.” – Anonymous, and rightly so
- “Sometimes you’re a goose. Sometimes you’re a chicken.” – A former leader of mine
An Irishman walks out of a bar.
Writing this here at work, these seem appropriate.
- I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by. ― Douglas Adams
- Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well. – Mark Twain
- Have you ever noticed how ‘What the hell’ is always the right decision to make? ― Terry Johnson
You can’t go wrong with five Dorothy Parker gems.
- “What fresh hell is this?” (Said when her phone would ring.)
- “You can lead a horticulture, but you can’t make her think.”
- “If you wear a short enough skirt, the party will come to you.”
- “There’s a hell of a distance between wise-cracking and wit. Wit has truth in it; wise-cracking is simply calisthenics with words.”
- “If all the girls attending [the Yale prom] were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be at all surprised.”
A new book, Dorothy Parker Drank Here, to be released February 24th. It promises to be a good read. And look for my name in the acknowledgements. True story.